Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Girl After Mommy’s Own Heart

Anyone who is pretty close to me knows that I have an extreme love of ranch dressing! I always have, even from the time I was a small child. When I was little the only way I would eat mashed potatoes was with ranch dressing and to this day I still enjoy ranch on my mash potatoes clip_image002

Needless to say with my ranch addiction still going to this day Sadie has seen me eat ranch on many items including chicken nuggets, fries, etc. So this caused her to have a desire to do what mommy does and she had to have her chicken and other foods dipped in ranch. From the first time she tried ranch she has loved it! Which, makes my heart happy to see her sharing in the yummy joy of ranch.

From that moment I have been dipping foods such as chicken nuggets, fries, turkey slices, and chicken breast. And yes I even put it in her mashed potatoes. Today I decided it was time for Sadie to learn to dip her own foods. So I stripped her down to her diaper, gave her some chicken nugget pieces, and a small squirt of ranch on her tray. I demonstrated several times how to dip the food and place it in her mouth. When it was her turn she stuck her hand in the ranch, licked it off, and then stuck a piece of un-dipped chicken in her mouth. I can tell this may take a few attempts before she learns. I decided to call today the “exploration” period. She had lots of fun at lunch and who knows maybe tomorrow she will actually dip her food into the ranch before rubbing it all over her face clip_image002[1]

DSCN0270DSCN0271DSCN0272DSCN0273DSCN0274

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking for a scholarship notice for my Sadie Kratzer (17 yrs old) when I found your blog. With an unusual name like Sadie, I was surprised to find another one.
    I hope your Sadie brings you as much joy as my has.
    Tim Kratzer
    Geneseo, KS

    ReplyDelete